AP, IB, A-Levels and First-Year Student Transfer Credit

Credit for the Advanced Placement program and the International Baccalaureate program is granted to students who receive eligible scores on the designated exam. These scores are used by the registrar to place students in appropriate first-year courses. In some cases, departmental approval is required before credit is granted. Credit is shown as transfer credit on the Mines transcript; however, no grade is associated with the credit.

You may review the Advanced Credit website for more information about transferring AP, IB, or A-Level credits.

Mines will also accept select transfer credit from other colleges or universities:

  • You must provide Mines with an official transcript from the accredited college or university. A high school transcript showing dual credit will not count for an official college transcript.
  • You must earn a grade of C or better (we will not accept C-) in the course you are attempting to transfer.
  • The course must be equivalent to a course offered at Mines. (This may need to be determined by a review of the course work by the appropriate academic department.)

As a good rule of thumb, if you are planning to take a math or science course at another college or university (particularly calculus, chemistry, physics or differential equations) make sure you save all of your course work from the class — this includes the syllabus, graded quizzes and/or exams, lab work, homework assignments and notebooks. We will request course work for a departmental review, prior to awarding credit. Coursework from another college or university is not guaranteed.

Ordering Transcripts

  • To order your official college transcripts, contact the college or university Registrar’s Office.
  • To order your official AP transcripts visit www.collegeboard.com or call (609) 771-7300.
  • To order your official IB transcripts visit www.ibo.org or call (212) 696-4464.
  • For more information please contact: transfer@mines.edu

All official transcripts should be sent to:

Colorado School of Mines
Office of Admissions
1812 Illinois Street
Golden, CO 80401