Make Campus Your Home
For the first-time, Mines Residence Life is excited to offer undergraduate sophomore students three on-campus housing options during the 2020-2021 academic year!
THREE housing options and ONE campus community.
Stayed tuned for additional information & housing application updates throughout the 2019 fall semester.
Sophomore Housing Options
Introducing Jackson Hall – available fall 2020! As one of the newest buildings on the Colorado School of Mines campus, Jackson Hall will be home-away-from-home for second-year undergraduate students by offering an apartment-style living option in close proximity to everything campus and Golden has to offer!
- 360 Resident Capacity
- Fully Furnished Units with private bathroom(s) and kitchens
- Studio, Two-bedroom, and Three-bedroom Units
- No Meal Plan Required – Sophomore Voluntary Meal Plans Available
- 10-Month Housing Contracts (August-May)
- Covered Parking Garage
- Fitness Area
- Active & Passive Outdoor courtyards
- Neighborhood Typology Design
- Laundry Rooms, Social Lounges, Study Areas and Nooks Located on Each Floor
- Indoor Bike and Locker Storage Room
- Clubroom Lounge
- Vending Lounge
- Conference Room
- Centrally located near Downtown Golden, the rest of campus and across the street from Safeway and many other businesses
Maple Hall is a 5-story residence hall that was built in 2012 and located in a central location across from Mines Market dining and 17th Street.
- 291-bed semi-suite style housing
- Social Lounges
- Study Rooms
- Music Room
- Conference room
- Large Community Kitchen/Program Center
- Common Area Computers
- Piano in Living Room/Lobby
- Bike and Ski Storage/Workroom
Mines Park Apartments
Mines Park is an apartment complex that was built to provide convenient, affordable housing for the expanding Mines’ community. The complex houses both single undergraduate and graduate students, along with families. There are one, two, and three-bedroom units for single undergraduate and graduate students, and one and two-bedroom units for families.
- One, Two, and Three Bedroom Units with a Full Kitchen and Two Bathrooms per Multiple Bedroom Units
- Two Community Centers
- Unfurnished Units
- Family Housing
- Community Center 1 & 2 – Residents have the ability to reserve Community Center 1 for programs, events and gatherings.
- Philo – streaming television services
- Wired and wireless internet access
- Laundry facilities in both Community Center 1 & 2
- Mines Park Parking Permit
- Community Programs and Events
- Recreational areas and green space
- Transportation: RTD
- Utilities: Everything is included, except Xcel Energy (energy & gas)
- Air Condition units in 2000s buildings (A/C is not included in the 1800s and 1900s buildings)
- Heating in all apartment units
- Trash and recycling receptacles
- Safe walking distance to campus