Your Home on Campus
No matter where you’re from, you have a HOME on campus.
For the first-time, Mines Residence Life is excited to offer undergraduate sophomore students three on-campus housing options during the 2020-2021 academic year!
Sophomore Housing Options
Introducing 1750 Jackson – available fall 2020! As one of the newest buildings on the Colorado School of Mines campus, Jackson will be home-away-from-home for second-year undergraduate students and offer an apartment/residence hall hybrid living option in close proximity to everything campus and Golden has to offer!
- 360 Residents
- Fully furnished units with bathroom(s) and kitchen:
- Studio: 1 person with 1 bed/1 bath
- Two-bedroom: 4 people with 2 double bed/2 bath
- Three-bedroom: 4 residents with 1 double bed/2 single bed/2 bath
- Neighborhood living option
- Applicants can request to live near 11 friends!
- No meal plan required
- Sophomore voluntary plans available
- Close proximity to Safeway
- A 10-month academic year housing contract
- August 1 – May 31
- No contract renewals
- Sophomore residents only
- The building will remain open during winter break
- Limited parking in a covered garage
- Lottery based
- Fitness area
- Outdoor courtyards
- On-site laundry
- Common areas on each floor include social lounges, study areas & nooks
- Bike & locker storage
- Front desk lobby & lounge
- Centrally located near downtown Golden, campus & across the street from several businesses
Maple Hall is a 5-story residence hall that was built in 2012 and located in a central location across from Mines Market dining and 17th Street.
- 180 Sophomore Residents
- Suite-style Living (single and double room suites with shared baths)
- Neighborhood Living Options
- Request to Live Near 11 Friends!
- Quiet Room
- Social Lounges
- Study Rooms
- Music Room
- Conference Room
- Resident Meal Plan Required
- Sophomore Specific Plan Options
- Close Proximity to On-Campus Dining
- Large Community Kitchen/Program Center
- Common Area Computers
- Piano in Living Room/Lobby
- Bike and Ski Storage/Workroom
Mines Park Apartments
Mines Park is an apartment complex that was built to provide convenient, affordable housing for the expanding Mines’ community. The complex houses both single undergraduate and graduate students, along with families. There are one, two, and three-bedroom units for single undergraduate and graduate students, and one and two-bedroom units for families.
- All Apartments are Unfurnished
- Kitchens are equipped with a full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, and an oven and range
- One, Two, and Three-Bedroom Units for Undergraduate Students and Graduate Students
- One or Two-Bedroom Units for Family Housing
- Community Center 1 & 2 – Residents have the ability to reserve Community Center 1 for programs, events, and gatherings.
- Streaming television services
- Wired and wireless internet access
- Laundry facilities in both Community Center 1 & 2
- Mines Park Parking Permit
- Community Programs and Events
- Recreational areas and green space
- Transportation: RTD
- Utilities: Everything is included, except Xcel Energy (energy & gas)
- Air Condition units in 2000s buildings (A/C is not included in the 1800s and 1900s buildings)
- Heating in all apartment units
- Trash and recycling receptacles
- Safe walking distance to campus