Resources for Students with Disabilities
Below are links to various resources and opportunities for students with disabilities. Please keep in mind that Career Services is not affiliated with any of these companies or programs and this list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of resources available to students with disabilities.
- AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science) Entry Point: Identifies and recruits students with apparent and non-apparent disabilities studying in science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and some fields of business for internship and co-op opportunities.
- AbilityLinks: Job seeker resources for people with disabilities.
- Association of People Supporting Employment First: Real jobs for real pay for all people with disabilities.
- Career Oportunities for Students with Disabilities: Helping you find a meaningful career as your navigate through school.
- Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology: Promoting inclusion and success for people with disabilities.
- Disability:IN: We empower business to achieve disability inclusion and equality.
- disABLEd Person, Inc: Find a job on any device with our fully accessible site.
- Diversity Working: The largest diversity job board online.
- Equal Opportunity Publications: The leaders of diversity recruitment publishing for 50 years.
- Federal Jobs Net: Helping people and veterans with disabilities seeking appointments with the federal government.
- GettingHired: dedicated to helping individuals and veterans with disabilities connect with inclusive employers through our job board.
- Hire Disability Solutions: Job seeker resources for people with disabilities.
- Job Accommodation Network: The leading source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
- Lime Connect: Rebranding disability through achievement.
- National Organization on Disability: A private, non-profit organization that promotes the full participation ad contributions of America’s 57 million people with disabilities in all aspects of life.
- Neurowrx: Global alliance of corporations, non-profit organizations, and individuals working together to foster and inspire employment for people with autism spectrum disorder in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) industries.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Occupational Information.
- The American Association of People with Disabilities: A convener, connector, and catalyst for change, increasing the political and economic power of people with disabilities.
- The Sierra Group: Dedicated to driving up employment for People with Disabilities in America.
- The Viscardi Center: Providing a lifespan of programs and services that educate, employ, and empower children and aduls with disabilities.
- USAJOBS Individuals with Disabilities: If you’re an individual with a disability, you can apply and compete for any job for which you are eligible and meet the qualifications, but you also may be eligible for a special hiring authority.
- Workforce Recruitment Program: Connecting employers with highly motivated postsecondary students and recent graduates with disabilities.
Consultants and speakers
NACE, the National Association of Colleges and Employers, provides many resources for students with disabilities throughout college as they move forward their careers.
- Barbara Bissonnette with Forward Motion Coaching
- Bender Consulting Services