First-Year Residency Requirement LiftedFirst-year students may choose to live on-campus or off-campus during the 2020-2021 academic year.
Residence Life will be announcing new housing configurations and processes for the coming school year as soon as possible. We will update our website and communicate these changes via email to inform all students as changes are determined and if any actions are needed. Please continue checking your Mines email and this website for more details and housing information to come.
Residence Life is waiving the first-year residency requirement for the 2020-2021 academic year. Members of the Class of 2024 will not be required to live on-campus in an effort to help lower density in the residence halls while allowing students to commute from home or pursue other housing options off-campus.
Any first-year student intending to live off-campus must complete a first-year off-campus residency form by June 26, 2020. Link provided below.
Any first-year student intending to live on-campus must complete a first-year residence halls housing application through the housing portal on Trailhead by June 1, 2020.
Residence Hall Move-In and Freshmen Parking
To ensure the move-in process is efficient, first-year students moving into the Residence Halls have been assigned a specific date and time (move-in time-slot) based on their room assignment.
Please find your move-in time-slot and additional information about Moving to Campus.
Resident freshmen will be allowed to purchase a parking permit for the Fall 2020 semester. No waiver application is required. For rates, sale dates, and other information please visit Parking Services.
Welcome to your new home in Golden, Colorado!
Living on campus is not only a rite of passage – it’s also one of the best ways to ensure your success. Being a Mines student is definitely a team sport and living on campus helps you build your team and that team will help put you on the path to earning a college degree and graduating into a meaningful life. You’ll make lifelong friends, meet study partners, and dive headfirst into campus life. Being a college student is a lot of work but it’s also pretty great. We are here to make sure that you get the best possible start on your college journey.
Please use the following link to view the Incoming Oredigger Checklist and utilize other resources for Accepted Students.
Important Dates for 2020-2021 First-Year Housing:
- Monday, April 1 – Wednesday, June 1: Residence Halls Academic Year Housing Application available through Housing Portal on Trailhead
- Monday, April 1 – Wednesday, May 15: Theme Learning Communities (TLCs) Applications available through links in Housing Application
- Wednesday, May 1: Deadline to request any housing accommodations must be made through Student Disability Services
- Friday, June 26: Deadline to submit intent to reside off-campus for first-year
- Saturday, August 1: Deadline to submit finalized off-campus address
- Sunday, August 16 – Thursday, August 20: Residence Hall Move-In Week (Moving to Campus)