Coulter Student Health Center
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, please call first to schedule an appointment – 303-273-3381. If you leave a message, please speak slowly and clearly, providing your name, CWID (Student ID) and phone number. We will return your call Monday through Friday between 8 am and 4:30 pm.
You may access telehealth -please see Academic Live Care below. This service is available to ALL Mines students until July 31, 2023. It does not matter what insurance you carry.
The Coulter Student Health Center is located at 1770 Elm Street, across from Elm Hall and next to the Intramurals (IM) fields. Open to all eligible Mines students regardless of insurance coverage.
Questions about services and eligibility? Contact us!
-ALL incoming students MUST submit the following required immunization information by the deadlines (June 15 for Fall semester and December 15 for Spring semester) through the Mines Health Portal, accessed via Trailhead. For incoming students without a Mines MultiPass account, be sure to claim your account at the following link prior to accessing the Mines Health Portal. Claim Account
- MMR-Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine: Two doses are required by the State of Colorado for all students born after 1/1/1957. The first dose must be given no more than 4 days before the 1st birthday with at least 28 days between doses. Full dates (month/day/year) are required. Proof of immunization must be provided in English. Please check with your physician, state immunization registry, high school, previous university, county office, and/or military to obtain an official copy of your records. You may provide a blood titer indicating proof of your immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella. Medical and nonmedical exemptions are allowed by law; however, in the event of an outbreak, exempted persons may be subject to quarantine and exclusion from school.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving all doses in the primary series of their COVID-19 vaccination (for example, two doses of Moderna/Pfizer or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson). Boosters are not currently required, but are highly recommended. International students: We accept WHO recognized COVID vaccines. Please enter dates of COVID vaccinations and upload documentation. If you are requesting a medical or non-medical exemption, forms can be found in Trailhead by clicking the Health Portal bubble and then the Forms tab. Additional information can be found at mines.edu/student-health/covid-19-vaccination
- Upload supporting documents: We must verify your immunizations/test results. Any undocumented immunizations will be removed from your vaccine record.
- Tuberculosis Questionnaire: Please complete this required form on the Patient Health Portal. (Forms tab) If testing is indicated, please upload results.
- If living on campus: Proof of a Meningococcal ACWY vaccine (for example: Menactra, MCV4, Menveo) given within the last 5 years must be documented on your immunization record. If this time period will expire while living on campus, you may choose to receive a booster from your physician or the Student Health Center. Students living on campus will have a hold placed on their account 5 years after the date of the most recent Meningitis ACWY vaccine. Currently, Meningitis ACWY is required, Meningitis B is recommended. A waiver of this requirement is accepted by completing and uploading the Meningococcal Disease form.
- If under age 18 – Consent to Treat: Parent/Guardian, please complete this form so that we may treat your student in the event of illness or injury if they are under age 18 as of the first day of class.
We communicate by secure email to your Mines account. Please watch for important messages and respond promptly. You may also access these messages through the Health Portal.
Student Health Center
AcademicLiveCare is a 24/7 way to get free care!
$0 cost for ALL current students of Colorado School of Mines - regardless of your insurance plan!! With AcademicLiveCare, you can see providers any time on your smartphone, tablet or computer. It is ideal for: Cough & Cold, Rash, Headache, UTI, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Sinus Infection, Pink Eye, General Questions & more!
Questions - contact ALC support at 855-517-8460
Academic Year / Monday-Friday
8 am-noon and
Summer / Monday-Friday
8 am-noon and
Please call to schedule an appointment
We follow the snow closure guidelines for campus. If you have an appointment during a snow closure, please call to reschedule.
1770 Elm St., 2nd floor
Golden, CO 80401
Dental Clinic Hours*
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
8 am-noon and
*Hours are reduced and variable during summer and winter breaks.